Re: $39.95 Paint Job... NOT

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: $39.95 Paint Job... NOT
From: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 19:16:50 -0800 (PST)
mine is at the paint shop now, it's not going to be 39.95, but it will be
subaru silver with subaru blue racing stripes.  i'll post pictures in a week or
two - its supposed to be done next week.

Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com> wrote:  > Marc

> Is that all paint, primer filler, sandpaper, etc? I paid about $120
> for a gallon of off-white Dupont Nason Single stage Urethane enamel,
> catylizer and reducer. Color has a big influence over the price.
> Reds and Yellows will be $$$$$$$$.

Why didn't you tell me this about 5 years ago. I had the Dupont TOO BRIGHT
YELLOW for the 510 custom mixed. Two gallons of color, the reducer, the
clear and primer were around $1100, IIRC. Ouch! But the car definitely jumps
out at you. Now if it were only finished and I could actually drive it.

I've pretty much decided that I'll do the roadster (when I do the frame off
in a couple of years) in the metallic silver that Honda's using on the
S2000, probably with several coats of clear for extra depth. What the hell,
it's only money. ;>)

RD