RE: OT: Electric cars

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OT: Electric cars
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:54:06 -0700
A typical gasoline internal-combustion engine mixes air and gas at a ratio
that varies between a low of maybe 10:1 (too rich) up to 14:1 (very lean). I
believe stoichiometric ("ideal") mixture is around 12.5:1. That is by
WEIGHT, so a gallon of gas at about 8 lbs (gasoline weight varies a fair
amount), mixed at stoichiometric, would be mixed with 100 lbs of air.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org