Roadster Hauling Vehicle.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster Hauling Vehicle.
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:49:03 -0700
Hello All,

        So we just bought ourselves a 'new' truck.  A 95 Ford F450 power
stroke diesel dually flatbed(12'by8', ya think I'm compensating for
something??).  The truck has the capacity to actually carry my roadster on
the back!!  That was one of the pluses.  That, plus our art vehicle
(http://www.madmadscientist.com/galleries/bman2k5/steve05/index.htm ), plus
a ton of big metal art.
        I need to figure out what kind of ramps I need to get the datsun
onto the back of the thing.  The flatbed bed is pretty high and roadsters
are pretty low so I think I will need something that is longish and
strongish.  Does anybody have any idea on what kind of winch (and what
features are important) I should get and where/how it should be mounted?
        Thirdly, the truck has a crazy low rear end ratio.  Its got a DANA
5.13 ratio and that's just way to low for cruising on freeway.  That's like
a rock crawling ratio.  I need to raise the ratio to at least 4.11 maybe
even 3.73.  The rear end is either a DANA 60 or 80 not sure yet.  Summit
sells the rear end gears for a DANA 60 for around $200 bucks.  Would I get
these and then take the truck to a rear end place and they would install
them and set it up and such?  Has anyone ever done anything like this with a
DANA rear end?  I would really like some pointers.

        Thanks,
                Daniel Neuman
                Oakland CA
                69 2000