Re: Kewl Kar Dead

To: "Chas Willis" <fairlady@putermail.net>,
Subject: Re: Kewl Kar Dead
From: "Richard Brown" <reblues@reblues.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:21:32 -0400
The first thing I would check would be the connections going to the
distributor.  On the stock setup there are two wires going to the ignition.
One goes directly to the coil and gives a full 12 volts to the coil when the
key is in the start position.  The second runs to the ballast resistor and
provides a reduced voltage to the coil while in the run position.

In hooking the cables back up, was the wiring to the coil knocked off and
maybe hooked backup wrong?

Richard Brown