RE: cleaning of Primer Coat & Grease Marks

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: cleaning of Primer Coat & Grease Marks
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:11:37 -0700
Larry,
The theme with this kind of work is "start mild, and see if that works,
get gradually more aggressive.  If it removes the primer, then that
would have been needed anyway."
First, try hot water and dish soap and a sponge or towel.  If that
doesn't soften the grease, the mildest Scotch-brite pad (blue, I think)
is worth a try.  I'd try numerous runs of this before I resorted to
anything else.  Next up would be something like Simple Green.
You can try alcohol, but stay away from acetone, it won't be any more
effective than the alcohol and it may soften the primer.  (although, if
it is a well cured 2-part primer, it shouldn't)
Fergus O. 69 200, HB, CA