A Reply From Mr. K

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: A Reply From Mr. K
From: "Michael Knorr" <mhknorr@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:45:04 -0600
Last month, I sent a 97th birthday greeting to Mr. K, Yutaka Katayama, the
man who pushed hard for the development of the SP(L)310, SP(L)311, and
SR(L)311 by Nissan back in the early '60s. Below is his reply to me. As you
can read, apparently, Mr. K also must have had something to do with the
development of Z cars. I've never owned a Z car in my life, and actually,
used to disparage them back in my naive four-banger 1300cc pickup youth.
Does anyone know the real story behind Mr. K's career at Nissan? I thought
he was strictly Roadsters. Or are Roadsters the original Z cars in the
Nissan marque?

Mr. K's reply:

Dear Friend in Z
My special thanks for your attention to acknoledge my birth day.
I am always happy and excited to think of you Z car frinds.

I will count my 97th birthday within a couple days, to be exact 1909
Sept. 15th.
Fotunately I may be able to reach another pole position..
And I am happy to tell you I have renewed my driving licene with a
gold mark on it, it means
no offence on the road last 10 years!!!! Sign of good driver!!! I
can drive another 3years to reach my 100th Pole!!! I thank you for
your frendly supports to the Z cars.
Love Cars, Love People, Love Life !!!!
Y.K.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
YUTAKA KATAYAMA
4-12-16 Okusawa Setagaya-ku
TOKYO JAPAN 158-0083
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Tele/Fax 03-3727-6444

Regards, Michael Knorr
1966 SPL311-03639

SENSITIVE/CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
The attached information may be confidential. It is intended only for the
addressee(s) identified above. If you are not the addressee(s), or an
employee or agent of the addressee(s), please note that any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this fax in error, please destroy the document and notify
the sender of the error. Thank you.