Re: exhaust

To: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: exhaust
From: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:02:04 -0700 (PDT)
> on an early 67 low windshield 1600 the exhaust constricts rather suddenly
> after the header.
>
> what have people done?

Gone on the misguided assumption that "bigger is always better"?
Sorry, sorry... and I know I'll get privately flamed...

My point is, all in all Nissan had their act together when building
these cars. There is definitely such a thing as 'too much exhaust'.
If you have not modded the engine, gone for higher redline or more
displacement, and you're sticking with the stock carbs and intake
system, then the OEM exhaust is probably about right.

If Nissan could have hopped up performance with nothing more than
a slightly bigger pipe, I think they would have done it.

My opinion. Yours likely differs...

-- John
    John F Sandhoff sandhoff@csus.edu  Sacramento, CA