Frame VIN location confusion

To: 9laser3@bright.net, rulee@motion.net,
Subject: Frame VIN location confusion
From: Tim Putland <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 18:05:35 -0800
<< The VIN is stamped on the top surface of the frame, along side the motor
on the passenger side. Might need a wire brush to remove a few layers of
paint and grease to read it.  Paul>>

<<on top of the frame right below the carbs, probably need a wirebrush to
read it. >>  Russ Southwell 70 1600

I lived in the UK at one point in my life and drove on both sides of the
vehicle while living in the UK. But, in order to decifer these two responses,
someone needs to tell from what country they are responding. Or at least on
what side of the car the driver sits...my poor head...

THANKS!!!

Tim