Wheel size help, please?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel size help, please?
From: "pjmill" <pjmill@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:54:53 -0800
Hi, all!

I have an early '67 Roadster undergoing a frame off restoration.  The body
is off the frame and in storage, which brings me to my question.  I acquired
a set of after-market libre type wheels that are 6 3/8 inches wide.  The
later model Roadster wheel is 5 1/8 wide, so these babies are 1 1/8 wider
than the original wheel.  The question is, when I mount a low profile tire
on these "libres" will they fit in the rear-wheel well when the body is
mounted on the frame?!

Would someone with an early narrow flare rear quarter panel car kindly
measure the rear wheel-well space and let me know if I can use these wheels?

I'll be very THANKFUL on this Thanksgiving!

All the BEST to the list today!

Thanks!

Paul