Re: Speedo problem

To: "Paul Souza" <pauljsouza@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Speedo problem
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster2@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 21:10:04 -0600
Check the boss (the thing the cable screws onto) on the back of the speedo.
If it gets loose it will wobble and bind the magnetic coupling.  I had this
happen on my tach some years back.  Take it apart and carefully stake the boss
back in place.

It might be that it is just dirty.  It is magnetically coupled with a circular
magnet spinning inside a steel cup.  If there is gunk built up in the cup it
will bind giving the same symptoms.

It could also be a kinked/sticking cable.  You can pull the cable out of the
sheath and lube it.  I use white lithium grease myself.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
roadster2@schroeder-family.us
Home page: http://schroeder-family.us
NRA Life Member

Behold the superfluous. They are always sick. They
vomit their gall and call it a newspaper.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche   1844-1900