RE: Fairlady.org - latest image of the month

To: <RoadsterGB@aol.com>, <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fairlady.org - latest image of the month
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:38:31 -0800
Rob,

Interesting picture for an Oregon native.  I remember Jack Scoville, seeing
his car from time to time and purchasing racing parts for my 68 2L from his
Datsun dealership in Eugene, Or.

I was nearly run over in the pits at Westwood (Coquitlam, BC) by Todd Webb
in the Porsche when he dumped the clutch just as the Porsche was dropped off
of the jacks after replacing the brake pads during a 7-hour endurance race
there in 1968 or 1969.  I had to jump out of the way to avoid being hit as
the Porsche left its pit area while I was refueling Bill Steven's Scepter
(http://www.datsun2000.com/other_stuff/scepter/).  Todd Webb drove for
Continental Porsche here in Portland at the time.  Even with the long pit
stop to replace the brake pads on all 4 corners Todd Web was the overall
winner of the endurance race using a fresh factory prepared engine that was
prepared specifically for that race.

Thanx for the memories.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde