horn ring removal

To: "Autox (E-mail)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: horn ring removal
From: "Bill Oakes" <boakes@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:09:08 -0600
Here's what I'm sure is a simple one, though I couldn't figure it out for
the life of me last weekend.

How do you remove the stock horn ring on the steering wheel of a '68 2000? I
want to take the turn signal controls off to really clean them up while the
roadster is off to paint next month.

By the way, If anyone is following my adventure - I decided to go the
"refresh" route and not take it off the frame. That's about the only thing
not being removed, though. The thing looks like a go-cart with no interior,
engine, windshield, doors, hood, trunk, wiring harness.....nothing.

I'm dying to get it done and back home - but I'm also nervous about getting
everything back together without TOO many questions/mistakes. Oh well,
that's what Winters are for in the Midwest.

Pictures and details later.

thanks
Bill Oakes
Libertyville, IL