One way in which are cars are cheap to operate: Insurance (OT)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: One way in which are cars are cheap to operate: Insurance (OT)
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 18:05:50 -0500
For all:
This is mostly OT.  Its my annual run down of insurance cost for my vehicle
fleet from cheapest to most expensive.  It could be sub-titled "Woe unto
those who have teenage boys"

Sure there are caveats, the Datsun has collector car insurance and can only
be driven 3K per year, so this is sort of tongue-in-cheek anyway....but the
little red antique is cheap to operate in at least this way!!

All costs are for 6 months of coverage:

Car                                Transmission          Driver/Age
   Cost        Collision Coverage?
67 Datsun Roadster           5spd M                 49 (me)              $68
88 Jeep Long Bed PU        auto                     49 (me)              $98
96 Mazda Miata                 5spd M                 49 (me)
$176            Y
02 PT Cruiser                    auto                    wife
   $201            Y
00 Ford Focus                  5spd M                  21 dau
$398            Y
02 Ford ZX2                     5spd M                 18 son
$862            Y

The kid cars have modest used car loans on them with the kids making the
payments, or I would consider taking off colllison coverage on them to save
money.  Kids have discounts for good student and driver school....or it
would be even more.

Hope everyone is staying warm, its even supposed to snow here tonight, first
time this year.
Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake, Virginia