OT: Powerglide (was "RE: Differential oil opinions?")

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT: Powerglide (was "RE: Differential oil opinions?")
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:11:26 -0800
The Powerglide was a two speed automatic transmission designed by General
Motors. It was available primarily on Chevrolet automobiles from 1950
through the early 1970s. A version of it was used on all automatic Corvairs.

Don't you remember the old adage "slip 'n' slide with Powerglide?"

That said, I just found a link that mentioned that the Powerglide is/was
popular w/ drag racers.

Pete "who learned to drive in a '66 Corvair Monza"