Flaky temperature and gas guage behavior

To: Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flaky temperature and gas guage behavior
From: Kevin Koskela <kkoskela@mlode.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 23:23:11 -0700
I've got a strange electrical problem on my 67 1/2 1600 where my temp
and gas guages are both going all the way to the right shortly after
starting up the car.  This happens even when the car isn't warmed up all
the way yet and with 1/2 tank of gas.  I replaced the little under dash
voltage drop regulator with one I found in a spare parts box because the
guages were going up and down like a yoyo and now I'm getting this
behavior.  Is this part still the likely suspect?

Thanks,
Kevin