Clutch Bleed 101

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Bleed 101
From: Tom PRATHER <tomet9@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:01:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

    I just swapped out a busted slave cylinder hose and proceeded to bleed and
now I can't get the fluid to pump thru the lines. I 've got a catch can via a
clear hose from the bleed screw open about 3/4 turn, pumping the clutch and the
reservoir level never goes down. When I opened the system up to swap the hose,
of course all the fluid poured out. I even thought i may had left a end plug on
the hose but it's clear and open. If I undo the flair nut at hose eventually
the reservoir pours out. What am I doing wrong? Never encountered this in the
past. Now, there is a small 9mm cap just below the reservoir, think it's a
valve stem stop or something. Does this way in somewhere in the bleed process
once the reservoir is empty? Is the master shot? The clutch was fine prior to
this hose swap. Stumped in Pasadena. There's a run on Sat I don't want to miss.
A response from all your collective minds would be appreciated.
                     Tom