Re: [Roadsters] What to save when scrapping body shell?

To: mikep@bikeswap.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] What to save when scrapping body shell?
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 02:45:00 -0400
If the fenders and doors are good, keep them for sure as they are easy to
get off.
These cars eventually rot at the base of the door pillars, right around the
lower access hole for the lower door hinge.  If this area is solid, it
wouldl be good to get the sawzall and save these.  The body rails inside the
engine compartment rot also, and are fairly easy to cut out and I would save
these.  If the rear fender lips are good, save those.  The whole rear fender
can be cut away at the body seam, and this makes a good place to re-weld on
another car in the future.  The 67 cars are pretty rare, and have the not
quite so big fender flares, slightly different front fenders, etc.  Heck,
the whole rocker panels between the wheels would be nice to save if
possible, but these pieces are big and chunky and I am not sure how many
sawzall blades and attendent possible swearing it wouldl take to get them
out.   Just my two cents.   Here on the East Coast, even in Virginia, the
cars are generally rustier, and if you have some worthwhile chunks to save,
it would be great to save them.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapkeake Virginia