[Roadsters] Engine Swaps - (hypothetical at this point)

To: <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Engine Swaps - (hypothetical at this point)
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 14:19:46 -0400
Hi everyone,

I started thinking about a swap. I'd like to hear opinions on various types
of swaps. KA24 (turbo or not), SR20 (turbo or not), RB26DETT (HAHAHAHA!
700HP. RIGHT!!!!! How bout just mounting a rocket to my roll bar!?!?!?),
someone in the South who can actually DO this (though I'd like to do
some/all of the work myself), other hints/tips/inspirations?

Any info y'all can offer would be appreciated. Ease of installation,
necessary modifications to existing frame/body (of a '70 2000), problems
inherent with the engines or swaps, price vs. power, cost of engine rebuild
(as it will likely come from a used car), would it be better to purchase a
complete 240SX with a LOT of miles and an already rebuilt engine then part
out the leftovers of the car, etc. I figured this info may also be helpful
to others with the same crazy ideas.

I would like more power :-), however, reliability is a must. Thank you!

Matt Smith

(and Loreli - she's a '70 Silver Solex)