Re: [Roadsters] Tough to start? Revisited

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Tough to start? Revisited
From: RWM <RWM@RWMann.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 10:56:09 -0400
Lucas design solenoid starters are well known for overheating and hot
start performance problems.

The TSI gear reduction starter, while a bit bulkier (still fits), has an
air core, cools better, and does not in my experience exhibit this problem.

Along with Gary Boone's electronic distributor, a TSI gear reduction
starter is one of those "I wish I had known sooner" upgrades.

- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex