[Roadsters] Engine Swap info - THANK YOU!

To: "'datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net'"
Subject: [Roadsters] Engine Swap info - THANK YOU!
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:15:53 -0400
To all of you who replied,

You provided me/us with GREAT info, especially by providing what to look
for, where to find it, and problems inherent in the swap(s). Since it's
likely to be time consuming and fairly expensive, it's nice to go into this
project with my eyes wide open. Tooth marks in the tush are a DRAG!

My first order of business will be to get a POS car so I can still get
groceries (and parts) while Loreli is sitting at home with her guts all over
the garage. I'm now thinking that I should put the actual swap off until
next winter instead of this one. In the meantime, I can continue acquiring
more knowledge on the subject (reading schematics, etc) and also getting the
necessary parts together. I will, of course, keep you updated on my progress
(and take LOTS of pictures. Hooray for Webshots!).

The weather in the Mid South this weekend will be in the mid 70's and sunny.
All mountain roads in this area should be on the lookout for my silver
Solex. Loreli, Tater, and I are going to be "straightnin' the curves and
flattnin' the hills. Someday the mountain might get us, but the law never
will! YEE HAWWW"!

Thank you again!

Matt Smith - I'm not speeding Officer, I'm flying really low!

Loreli - She's a '70 Silver Solex

Tater (salad) - Hound dogs make the best co-pilots!