Re: [Roadsters] Intercom

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Intercom
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:33:20 -0500
i fabricated ones for two other old cars, both british.

http://www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr6/windscreen/

and

http://www.ranteer.com/davescars/mgb/Windscreen/

the mg is much easier because it has a bracket that goes across the car to
hold up the covertible top cover.

i don't consider either finished products.  the mg is too awkward to store
in the car because its so long and the tr6 prevented me from using the
tonneau.  but  hopefully these will give you some ideas.

i met a guy with a fiat 124 spider who simply bolted a windscreen to blocks
of wood through which the headrest support passed.  was simple and easy.

the real quesion:  does it work?  ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!  it is the most wife
friendly thing you can do to your car!!!!!  it keeps your hat from being
blown off, etc.  it makes the top down much more comfortable on a chilly
day.  i totally recommend it.  when i get closer to finishing my roadster, i
will be fabricating one for it as well.  i expect to anchor it to the bottom
of the three bolts holding on the top.

i know of someone who built one for his tr6 that was permanent; it had
securing knobs on it and he could slide it up and down.