Re: [Roadsters] screw size?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] screw size?
From: "peter harrison" <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 22:57:52 -0700
King Bolts
4680 N Grand Ave
Covina, CA 91724
(626) 339-8400

They have the little 'shoulderless' finishing washers (stainless) that are
replacements for the 6 washers that go on the cowl grille. (That at least is
in the parts manual )

My recollection from 30 years ago is that all the mouldings, the door caps
etc. used these finishing washers to avoid friction between the screw and
the material (usually softer) that it was screwing down.

They are about 15c apiece and I think I used about 40 to fiinish the car.
Additionally, IMHO, they set the screw off nicely and help to centre it.

Peter
Eliza '70 SPL TOADSAN