Re: [Roadsters] V8 Datsun Roadster - what have I done?!

To: <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <roadstergb@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] V8 Datsun Roadster - what have I done?!
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:44:28 -0400
Rob,
Although our roadster (the "R") only has a v6, the increased bore,
compression, and head porting work puts in into the HP realm of a small
displacement, stock v8.  I swapped in an 8.8LSD Ford axle with drums, and
Volvo front brakes.  The whole build is documented on our website listed in
my sig below.  There are links in the left frame specific to the various
aspects of the build.  Might be of some assistance to you.

I read that the 2000 you bought has a slush box - there are Ford versions of
the Borg Warner / Tremec T5 and T6 that would bolt up if you want a
"joystick"gearbox instead.

Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH