Re: [Roadsters] As the Distributor Turns

To: nmleeds@mindspring.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] As the Distributor Turns
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:50:26 -0700
It isn't necessary to open the engine or turn it over.

Remove the distributor and then remove the drive dog pin at the lower
end of the dizzy shaft by moving the springlike retainer wire from
above the pin.  Rotate the drive dog 180 degrees and replace the pin
and the wire.  Replace the distributor and relocate the wires where
you wanted them in the first place.

When you look at the drive dog you will notice that the flat drive
part is offset and can only fit in the shaft one way.

Removing the dizzy and rotating the engine would not benefit you.

Stan
=====