[Roadsters] carb issue-part2

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] carb issue-part2
From: "John Klingman" <jklingman@stny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:08:21 -0400
 Thanks to everyone for the carb input, all are saved for reference. Forgot to
mention they are SU and were serviced this early summer along with some other
engine work ,and the oil is monitored. Checking the oil level in the carbs is
a reminder everybody needs. Spike has run like a dream. We would be remiss if
we didn't add info about some changes that were made that we questioned and
Fred Davidson expressed doubts when he saw the car at the Glen. The fuel line
was shortened and re-routed up and over the cam cover with the glass fuel
filter on the downward side before the carbs. This may be causing a vapor lock
or allowing debris to collect at the start of the incline.
  Is our hind sight 20/20? looking at the engine pictures and my Datsun shop
manual it looks like the flat path of the original fuel line puts less stress
on the fuel pump, allow any bubbles to flatten out and the intake would cool
the line as it passes across the front of the radiator and keeps the line away
from source of heat.
   Gloria and John Klingman
    Sidney , NY '68 2000 aka Spike