[Roadsters] re 1963 rdster on ebay hubbub

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] re 1963 rdster on ebay hubbub
From: "Larry Braddock" <larrybraddock@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:54:06 -0700
I'm the guy who sold this car a few weeks ago.(don't bother to try and contact
me with questions about the car--it's not my job).
Later on I sold a few leftover parts I'd been dragging around for years to a
lady, and I told her how I'd sold this car and then found it on ebay and that
no, I wasn't happy about it.Whether I'm happy about it or not is my
problem.--I did it.

Anyway, she told some people, who told some people, etc.
I heard about the hubbub on this site yesterday eve. and logged on and read
all the back and forth.

When someone buys a car from another person, he's not required to divulge what
his intentions are with it. He may want to keep it.He may decide later it
doesn't fit his needs and re-sell it, or his intention all along was to flip
it.I don't know what the current owners intentions were, and it's really none
of my business.I've bought things in the past with the sole intention being to
flip it, and I'm sure I will in the future.

A moral code when buying or selling an item should probably be something like
this.

1) I'm not required to state my intentions when purchasing something.

2) I AM required to be clearly  truthful about what I'm selling, With no out
right lies of course, or cleverly crafted statements designed to mislead. Any
descriptions of the item or its history should strive to convey truth, not
obscure or alter truth.

The violations of the above code appear to be in # 2.

Anyway,I'm sorry to have been a part in bringing this enturbulence to your
site. It looks very informative and I'll probably throw up a few questions now
and again.

Thanks.