[Roadsters] Firing on less than 8, now way OT

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Firing on less than 8, now way OT
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 06:37:35 -0500
<<
Going slightly OT...  ...reminds me of a '70 Ford F100 pickup I had a
few years ago. Someone had swapped in a big block V8. When I got it, one
cylinder was dead and one was dying. Actually ran on five cylinders
before I finally pulled the engine to replace it.  >>

Standard issue in old-timer aircraft mechanics toolbox was a printed set
of instructions for taking a flathead Ford motor and plumbing one bank
of cylinders to be an air compressor, running on the other bank of 4
cylinders.  They'd run for years like that (although I am sure the load
was probably pretty low)