Re: [Roadsters] oil to camshaft

To: "Datsun Roadster" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, "Bill Schairer"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] oil to camshaft
From: "Stephen Wan" <steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:25:52 -0700
> Where is the oil flow adjuster? I never heard of that before.

It looks like a screw, with a lock nut on it, on the top of
(as I recall)  the rearmost rocker arm tower. It's actually a
needle valve. Loosen the nut and screw it in to lessen oil flow,
loosen it to increase. With it all the way in, there's no
flow thru the shaft. With it missing, most of the oil pumps out
the hole and again no flow to where it needs to go.

Page 21 of the cheesy factory original shop manual ("screw-adjust,
valve rocker") shows it. Interestingly, the online fiche (page 33
of the engine section) does NOT show this. Note that there is a
set screw that must be tight and keeps the shaft from spinning.
This adjusting screw is next to the set screw.

-- John
     John F Sandhoff sandhoff@csus.edu  Sacramento, CA