[Roadsters] Trim Screw Holes getting larger

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Trim Screw Holes getting larger
From: "peter harrison" <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 18:41:47 -0800
I recently had a whole bunch of stuff anodized (?) chromed (like the cowl)
and when trying to refit (with consistent screw sizes) found that some of
the holes were too large to take the smaller screw. So I filled up the holes
with JBWeld - left them for the appropriate time and then redrilled them. To
save pressure, I also positioned small rubber washers using an emery glue
stick and tightened cautiously.
The  only caution is that JBWeld has a tendency to crack in this
application, so make sure you fill the hole completely and drill the holes
to an appropriate size rather than letting the screw tap itself.

FWIW

Peter
1970 SPL Roadster TOAD SAN (Eliza)