[Roadsters] Led Dash Lights

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Led Dash Lights
From: Bill Cole <datrock@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 07:30:02 -0800
Hi, Sorry if this is a repeat, I was not sure if I replied to all or
just the sendor... I have used LED  lights in a late model roadster, I
picked up the lights at Autozone, I bought the green ones and they had
maybe 9 -12 inches of wire preattached to them. I also had another
removed dash to do the setup on. The way I installed the mini-harness is
in a way that it can be removed and returned to the stock setup. I had
an extra dash harness that was butchered so I cut off the dash bulb
connectors, removed the guts form them and slid the LED wires threw the
socket and siliconed the bulbs into the sockets. Then I connected the
LED wires and taped them into a mini-harness.
 Once the mini-harness was built all I did was reach under and unplug
the dash lights from the rheostat and disconnected the old bulb sockets
from the gauges and attached the LED sockets and plugged the
mini-harness into the rheostat. The old bulbs and harness are still
complete, uncut, and under the dash so they can be plugged back in if I
get tired of green.
  It was very easy to build the harness, the hardest part was getting to
the clock bulb. hope this helps out... Bill Cole