[Roadsters] roadster rotisserie progress

To: 'Datsun Roadster List' <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] roadster rotisserie progress
From: Daniel Solomon <d-solomon@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 09:18:11 -0800
once again, my message never made it to the list.  I'll try again. 3rd
try is the charm?

I loaded my roadster onto my own home-built rotisserie this weekend.
I've linked pics below. I found that my pivot points were quite
different from Graeme's.  This could be due to the weight of the
carriage I built.  I'm not sure.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/d-solomon/?action=view&current=DVC01355.jpg

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/d-solomon/?action=view&current=DVC01356.jpg

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/d-solomon/?action=view&current=DVC01357.jpg

For the rotating parts, I used the rear hubs from a late model FWD
chevy.  $5/ea. at the pull-a-part.  I built it so that every dimension
is adjustable.  Hopefully this will allow me to sell it when I'm done,
rather than junk it.
The one thing I'm unhappy with is the casters.  I skimped and bought 'em
at Harbor Freight.  While they seem to carry the weight fine, they don't
like to change directions... ie:  they don't "caster".  I'll likely end
up changing them out over time.
Once I got it in the air, I was able to see all of the surprises that
the previous "restorer" left for me.  ie: bondo a full inch thick on the
rocker panels, covering rusted-through metal.  They placed mesh tape
behind the holes to hold the bondo in place.  I've got alot of time
ahead of me on the body work. I'll need to replace both rockers,
drivers-side floor, trunk floor, rear edge of both rear wheel-arches,
and then the front inner fenders....(depending on how much remains after
I cut it all up for the new motor....)

just an update. hope y'all have a great weekend.