Re: [Roadsters] Rack

To: <andycost@embarqmail.com>, "datsun-roadsters"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Rack
From: "Hall, Phillip B. (MSFC-ED03)" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:30:10 -0600
 Andy - I put a rack in a Roadster in the early 80's.  I put the rack in
front of the x-member and the tie rods were angled back too far.  The
best solution is to notch the x-member and set it inside so the tie rods
are straight.  One may also reverse the spindle so the tie rods are
forward of the axle centerline.  I have a spare front section from a
frame and extra front ends - one day I will work on this again....  One
day....

Subject: [Roadsters] Rack

Who was it that put a rack and pinion in the roadster?B  I'm looking at
options for power steering.B  A power rack or a power box.B  If anyone
has information about what power box or which power rack will work
please let me know.B  The huge front slicks with a large scrub radius is
hard on my elbows and shoulders.B  The large steering wheel needed makes
for a lot of movement to get the job done.

Thanks,

Andy
__