[Roadsters] 66 Vs 67 what about chassis numbers Vs other ID points

To: Bill Cole <datrock@centurytel.net>, Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Subject: [Roadsters] 66 Vs 67 what about chassis numbers Vs other ID points
From: Jim InVirginia <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:31:20 -0500
In some places the cars sold very slowly.  Back then, they were delivered with
the end year blank.  The dealer could stamp the year, or so I have heard.  So,
if your car was from some out of the way place where they did not like
Japanese cars, and it sat on the lot, it is very possible that you have a 66.
The cast iron head is futher proof.

The 67 1600 aluminum head is rare becasue its aluminum but does not yet have
the smog fittings.
I recently sold a good (only .006 away from new) one of these for $300.

I have a 65 parts car out in the driveway....seems to me its number is higher
than yours, I will go check.

My driver is also an early 67, I will get the number from that as well.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake
Virginia> Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:11:13 -0800> From: datrock@centurytel.net>
To: az589@lafn.org> CC: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Subject: Re:
[Roadsters] Was Twisties Needed: Now why 67.5 is black> > All these Early
Model comparisons have my wondering..Is there any > obvious differances
between the 66 and early 67 1600s. The reason I ask > is that the matching
numbered early 67 I recently picked up seams to > have a low vin number of
3595 and the engine is 99xx and has a cast iron > head. The frame is 3595. I
would have sworn it was a 66 due the low vin > # but the plate on the firewall
has a "7" stamed on it, title also says > 67. Can anyone shed some light on
this, or is it in order with other > early model 67 cars. Bill>