Re: [Roadsters] U20 - Rough low idle - Chain slop

To: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>, <nmleeds@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] U20 - Rough low idle - Chain slop
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@jorsm.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:57:30 -0600
Good advice from John.

Loose chains at idle are nothing to trifle with, regardless of they "look"
with the cam cover off.  You should have sufficient oil pressure at idle to
keep the chains from making noise.  I personally like the chain tensioner
gasket issue problem, assuming the chains were replaced when the engine was
rebuilt.  It is possible to put the gaskets on incorrectly.

Gary Ault