Re: [Roadsters] XCountry Update - November 26 - Washington DC

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] XCountry Update - November 26 - Washington DC
From: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:20:16 -0800
Trying again - just sending to the list

Subject: XCountry Update - November 26 - Washington DCDate: Mon, 26 Nov 2007
06:50:23 -0800

Well, I finally arrived in a blast of Pomp & Circumstance wearing my newly
refurbished bowler hat. Over 4000 miles to get here. West Virginia is
beautiful - when I do this again - I want to plan it to see the fall colours -
mostly the trees are bare - but still lovely to look at. So far, except for
the rain from KC to St Louis weather has been great - though I am told rain is
expected today. Going to visit Craig Halsted in Strasb(e/u)rg and the Science
museum annex. Here in DC until Thursday AM and then heading south to South
Carolina. Larry has lined up a slew of brew pubs to visit - though hopefully I
can spend some time with Brian (my godson) and his mother Molly. Interestingly
enough (at least to me) I am getting a 'let's get it over with' sensation.
I've done what I set out to do so that's that. Something no doubt about
avoiding the opportunity to be disappointed. A weird sensation and one that I
am just going to be with until I figure it out. So, I am trying to reframe
since I don't want to RUSH back through the south, still have people to visit
and sights to see. Not that I am tempting the gods but I don't quite see how
people get speeding tickets - everyone is hammering away at least 15 mph over
the limit - maybe the cops just play 'eenie, meenie, miny YOU!!!' So, off to
breakfast and Strasb(e/u)rgPeter1970 SPL Roadster TOAD SAN (Eliza)