Re: [Roadsters] Roadster air filter question ...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Roadster air filter question ...
From: "Chris Coker" <cfcoker@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:50:49 -0500
I built a cold air box for my race car, used the left headlight
opening for air-intake.  A lot of trial and error involved, but
overall is was an improvement.  One thing to keep in mind...if you get
a decent enough ram-air effect, the pressure differential between the
fuel at the jet, and the fuel at the top of the floats can cause funny
things to happy to happen with the fuel level at the nozzle jet.  Best
approach is to also connect the overflows from the float tops to the
air box.  This equalizes the pressure differential "seen" by the
carburettor.

some old pictures of the work in progress (and while I still owned the
car) are here:
http://www.risensonracing.com/images/axleairbox/axleairbox.html

Chris Coker