Re: [Roadsters] Another new Spark Plug.........

To: drlsmith@dccnet.com
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Another new Spark Plug.........
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:14:48 GMT
Seems to me like hocus pocus, but who knows... the idea of a longer more
powerful spark is at the heart of MSD and Jacobs ignition systems.  I can
atest to the power of a Jacobs Pro Street system from my own experience.  One
year on the way to Shasta I was experimenting with different spark plugs and
was running some AC Delco brand plugs (dumb).  Somewhere along the line I blew
the center electode out of one plug (poor quality?  Got too hot?), creating a
gap that was well over a quarter inch long.  There was NO electrode, only
insulator showing.  The Jacob system continued to fire that plug so well that
around town I could not tell a difference... it was only at highway speeds
that the car would start to miss.  I thought I had a fuel delivery problem
until I pulled the plugs.  I still have it in my glove box, just to show.
Greg Burrows
67 2000

-- "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@dccnet.com> wrote:
"Pulstar" pulse plug....."featuring a unique capacitor based pulse circuit"
(Is this a capacitive discharge ignition without the (MSD etc.) control
box??)

http://www.pulstarplug.com/

I'm all for a better spark plug.....IF IT WORKS!!

This latest incarnation makes all the familiar claims and comes with a
satisfaction guarantee, but no specific numbers (ie: 2, 5, 10 % increase) to
use for a measure.......at least Bosch, with their +2 and +4 gave a specific
increase in their claims.....just not for our cars.

The magazine ad in "Popular Mechanics" also has some "ignition plume" shots
that look familiar.......

If it is so good, why aren't the auto OEM's using them.......??

Daryl