Re: [Roadsters] Paint stripping

To: datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Paint stripping
From: andycost@embarqmail.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 18:14:38 -0500 (EST)
That company is Metal Rehab.  They used to be my race car sponsor.  You can
drink the stuff they use to strip the cars but I wouldn't suggest it.  I had my
race car stripped there, engine block, wheels, head, etc...  They are top
notch.  The metal will come out cleaner than new.  They spray a water soluable
rust inhibitor on the parts.  It will hold them for a couple of weeks.  When
you are ready to apply primer you just wash off the rust inhibitor.  They are
now in Arlington, TX and can be found here: www.metalrehab.com
They also have a nifty fluidized bed which is a giant sand box that has natural
gas and compressed air injected and set ablaze.  The sand insulates the parts
from the heat of the fire and scours the parts.  It works really well for items
like paint hooks from assembly lines.  Parts like suspension arms, axle
housings, springs, wheels, and other hard to clean parts do well in the
fluidized bed.  It was neat going over there because you never knew what was
going to be in the shop.  They might be stripping a jag nose, nuclear submarine
fittings, antique pedal cars, iron fence sections, Datsun Roadster race cars,
or any myriad of hot rod.  Check them out.

Andy