Re: [Roadsters] 2000 engine pull ?s

To: <9laser3@bright.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 2000 engine pull ?s
From: "robert k. smith" <rksmith46@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 17:35:18 -0500
 paul, jon is right about taking the nuts loose from inside the car, thru the
shifter

hole. i cut a 1/2" open end wrench in two and used that. you will have to
rotate the drive shaft

just right ,to get the wrench on and to be able to move it. put it in gear to
hold steady,

and ,you may have to use a longer wrench to break the nut loose initially.
there is another

quick and dirty way to do it: just pull the eng. and trans. forward and pull
the u joint

piece off the end of the  drive shaft.(it is splined) it needs to be oriented
properly going

back together, though. also, its extremely hard to put it back on the end of
the drive

shaft while installing the eng. and trans. i would just work at it ,thru the
shifter hole.
                   bob smith
                    69 srl311> To: 9laser3@bright.net;
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 18:26:45 -0500> From:
jrdmf@aol.com> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 2000 engine pull ?s> > Got mine off by
reaching through the tunnel from inside the car. Was kind of a pain but I
couldn't manipulate it any other way.> > > > Jon Frampton> > Huntington Beach
Ca> > > -----Original Message-----> From: Paul <9laser3@bright.net>> To:
'datsun-roadsters' <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>> Sent: Mon, 7 Jan 2008
3:08 pm> Subject: [Roadsters] 2000 engine pull ?s> > > > > I've pulled R16s
out of roadsters at least 20 times, but only a U20 once.> So I have a few
questions.> > > > Any easy way to get the speedo cable off the tranny? Kind of
well hidden> up in the tunnel.> > > > Can't seem to get wrenches on the bolts
holding the drive shaft to the 5> speed. Secret tool?> > >