Re: [Roadsters] OT: Fraudster email address (was: Part request

To: "'Daryl Smith'" <drlsmith@dccnet.com>, "'John F Sandhoff'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OT: Fraudster email address (was: Part request
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 22:13:22 -0700
If you're into programming, you can create an email with any return address
you want, including the recipient's. Makes it tough to block.

There are plenty of places they can "harvest" email addresses. If you have a
Web site with email links to yourself, if they hack someone's machine who
has exchanged email with you and you are in their Address file, etc.

Or sometimes, if you have a Web site, they will build a fake name, append it
to your domain name and use that. I've gotten junk mail addressed to all
kinds of names @gordon-glasgow.org.

Gordon Glasgow