Re: [Roadsters] Valves leaking while cc'ing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Valves leaking while cc'ing
From: Steve Ehlers <stevenehlers@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 13:23:28 -0500
Hi,
 This is typical of  poor quality  machine work .Even with a slight
interference angle made on seats and valves ,there should be NO
leakage . If the head wasn't assembled you can seal the valves with a
thin grease coating ,as we do when building a combustion chamber matched
high Performance head set up .If the valves had been lapped in during
the valve work a problem would have been seen in contact or possible run
out on the seat .Quality machine work can't be assumed by the end user
if  you don't know the details of a quality job .

 For example , did you have new steel intake seats installed ,and at the
right valve height ? Can the Machine shop even provide you with the
correct stem height dimension . I doubt it !
Good Luck ,
Steve Ehlers
www.risingsunperformance.com