[Roadsters] Translucent fuel tubing

To: Regular Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Translucent fuel tubing
From: sidney raper <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 07:07:31 -0500
If you decide to go to the Hobby shop to get model airplane fuel line, be
aware that there are two versions.  The stuff made for model airplane fuel
(typically clear/white or bluish) is NOT compatible with gasoline.  The stuff
for gasoline (typically more clear or yellow) is NOT compatible with the model
airplane fuel (nitromethane).  I believe that the model stuff is silicone
tubing.  The brand I recall is Tygon.  You can get it at a hobby shop, but it
is typically MUCH cheaper at a small engine repair place (the lawn mower
repair shops for example).

The Tygon is great.  I found it years ago as a great substitute for the mucho
expensive line from the float bowl to the carb.  I never thought about
replacing the other lines with it, but that is a good idea!

Sidney Raper
1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html