Re: [Roadsters] U20 - Cam Broke - Valve Worries

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] U20 - Cam Broke - Valve Worries
From: "dave" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:39:16 -0400
It sounds like you have an alignment issue on the cam bearings, or a cam
bearing with the oil hole in the wrong place. I would guess either the head
is twisted or maybe a machining problem from the rebuild.  Resolve it before
breaking more parts.  The cam needs to be able to spin freely with no bind,
head on block and torqued, rocker arms not installed yet.