Re: [Roadsters] I pulled a "Triumph"! (all smoke released from

To: "'O'Farrell, Fergus P \(AS\)'" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] I pulled a "Triumph"! (all smoke released from
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:15:21 +0930
Hi Fergus,
You don't say which fuse is running hot so I'm guessing it is the feed for
the lights??
On early cars, it is the "L" fuse and has a 30A rating.
You will need to follow the Schematic for your car to see where the problem
may be.
DO NOT use an ammeter across the fuse contacts unless the fuse is removed.
An ammeter is a series connected device.
Sounds like you are aware of how to isolate various light circuits and that
will help to narrow the problem down.
Some cars have the Cigar Lighter on the L fuse as well as the Stop Light
switch so you will need to be a detective here and check all possibilities.

"So, first thing is to replace the jumper, but then next is to check the
amperage going across the fuse contacts and then start unplugging things (I
suspect taillite buckets) until the amperage reads normal again.

So, the normal amperage value is:  _____???"