Re: [Roadsters] Tail/Brake light question

To: Ken & Tammy Williams <wilhouse@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Tail/Brake light question
From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:55:43 -0700
I'm not sure about the 67, but I know for various years it's definitely
different. Some had all the lights come on, others didn't.

One thing you can do to check is to pull the bulb and/or count the wires
going to each bulb.

On some years, both the top and bottom bulb were double filament.  (they
had 3 wires going to each light.)

In other years, one of the lights had only one filament.  (only two
wires going to that bulb - that was usually the top light.)

The three wire/double filament bulbs were set up so one filament was
illuminated when the lights were on, and the other lit up when the
brakes were applied or the turn signal was on.

Also, some lights had the top orange, the bottom red, while others were
all red.  Which was yours?

Post how many wires you have going to each, and it will be easier to
tell what their function was.

Also, you can look up on 311s.org the electrical schematic for your year
and tell by that too, but if your wiring/lights were changed out like
many have been, that might not be of much help...

Eddie