Re: [Roadsters] Second Posting

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Second Posting
From: "hallosb@juno.com" <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 19:39:25 GMT
Must be 0.002" not, 0.020".  That would be a lot of honing.
A word of caution on honing. I once tried this on a motor based on the machine
shop's recommendation.  Oversize rings and stock pistons. Motor sounded good
for about a year and 10,000 miles.  Then I developed piston slap in one
cylinder.  Appears I developed a little too much clearance.
You can measure clearance between the pistion and cylinder wall to compare
against specs. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend it.
Dan McHatton
'66 1600