Re: [Roadsters] Weber carbs and manifold

To: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Weber carbs and manifold
From: Daryl Smith <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 19:26:22 -0700
>>i know from experience, on another car, that if you substantially increase
>> the carburation you will get more power.  but not more performance.
>>
>>dan is absolutely right - heads, cam, etc.  it all adds up.

Absolutely correct when you are talking about OVERcarburation. It is
possible to get Webers etc. in different sizes however, and substantially
change the airflow characteristics, for the better, without overcarburating.
For instance a set of 40mm  solexes on an otherwise stock SU 2L car would
likely pick up some performance.

For an otherwise stock 1600, 40's would likely be overdoing it. Something
like a motorcycle carb in about a 36mm would be more suitable.

>> my older brother once told me, and i think from experience, if you
>> upgrade one thing, it will point out the weakness in something else.
>> upgrade that, and it will point out . . .

Is that why I went to bulding a stroker....with efi....and crankfired
ignition....and electric fan....and GM alternator....and 240SX 5

Daryl
'Stock' just doesn't cut it anymore!