Re: [Roadsters] Modern car body design changes

To: gboone70@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Modern car body design changes
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 08:21:01 EDT
With the pressure to get as good a gas mileage as possible I expect they
figured out how to keep the drag numbers low. One thing I noticed is how many
 more bugs the roadster collects compared to a modern car. I suspect this
is due  to abrupt changes in air flow direction particularly in the
windshield area. The  bugs being denser than air cannot keep up and end up
against
the windshield.  Modern cars with smoother flow carry the bugs around the car
better. This  airflow improvement should produce less drag.

keith

In a message dated 9/8/2009 10:59:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,