[Roadsters] Another Thread on Synthetic Oils

To: Datsun Roadster Listserver <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Another Thread on Synthetic Oils
From: Michael Knorr <mhknorr@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:23:33 -0600
I just read my Datsun Roadster Book's short treatise on synthetic oils and its
warning about not to use Mobil 1 on 1968 two-liters. I have a 1966 SPL and
have been using Mobil 1 5W-30 since the day I switched to synthetic about four
years ago. The only leak the car has is about a pint every 3,000 or so miles
around the pan gasket, and that leak has been present since long before I
switched to Mobil 1.

What are the problems with Mobil 1? What are listers' recommendations for
synthetics, and where does one buy them? I originally bought Mobil 1 because
my parts store had gallons of the stuff, it's been around for years, and I
don't worry about it losing viscosity when my car sits in storage all winter
-- yeah, I can't wait to move back to the West Coast. Any and all help is
appreciated.

Regards, Michael Knorr

1966 SPL311-03639