[Roadsters] Finally racing again

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Finally racing again
From: Gary Boone <gboone70@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 10:02:03 -0700 (PDT)
I finally completed my roadster's fuel injection conversion recently and ran my
first Solo 2 event in 4 years, on August 29.  The
engine stumbled quite a lot under partial throttle but it was fast
enough to take first place out of 5 cars.  My ECU programming wasn't
close at all because I didn't have time to do a proper tune before the
event.  But I've made significant progress with tuning since the
event.  Tuning EFI with ITBs is a real challenge.  Results are here (I'm in
C-Street Prepared):
http://www.rmsolo.org/msp_eventpts.php?rep=1_20090829SS
You can see some photos of my EFI conversion here:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/271132
Here's a video from the Aug 29 event.  The video was taken with a HD camera, so
the car looks way out of proportion vertically:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBHfAxP86FA
It was a fun event in my class because the lead swapped with every run.
Gary